Backing Up a PostgreSQL Database
You can perform a full backup operation or an incremental backup operation of a PostgreSQL database.
Before You Begin
For FSBasedBackupSet, verify that the archive directory is properly configured, and that archiving is working.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Beside Instances, from the View list, select PostgreSQL.
- Click an instance.
The instance page appears.
- In the Backup sets section, click a backup set.
The backup set page appears.
- In the Database groups section, click the database group that you want to back up.
The database group page appears.
- In the Backup section, click Back up now.
The Select backup level dialog box appears.
- Click OK.
Note: Backup operations using DumpBased backup set does not include roles and tablespace location information. This is because pg_dump utility that is used to perform DumpBased backup operation does not back up roles and tablespace location information. You can save this information using pg_dumpall utility from the source.
Last modified: 8/10/2020 7:45:34 AM