Adding Domains to an Inventory
You can add all of the servers from an Active Directory (AD) domain as assets to an existing inventory in Inventory Manager.
Before You Begin
- The AD domains must be added to your CommCell environment. For information about adding a domain, see Adding Domains.
- If the Index Server cannot connect to the AD server, do the following:
- Install the Data Analysis Toolkit package on a client that can connect to the AD server. For information about the Data Analysis Toolkit package, see Preinstallation Checklist for the Data Analysis Toolkit.
- Set up a one-way direct network connection from the client to the Infrastructure client group. For information about setting up a one-way direct network connection, see Setting Up a One-Way Direct Connection.
- Edit the domain that you want to add to an inventory: Select the Access AD server via client check box, and in the Client name box, use the client as the access node. For information about adding or editing a domain, see Managing Domain Controllers.
- From the navigation pane, go to Activate.
The Activate page appears.
- Under Settings, click Inventory manager.
- The Inventory manager page appears.In the Inventory Manager list, in the inventory name row, click the Actions button , and then click Details.
- On the inventory name page, in the upper right of the Assets table, click Add > Name server.
The Add name server dialog box appears.
- From the Name server list, select the name servers that you want to add.
Tips: You can click Select All, Select None, and Reset to modify your selections. You can also use the search bar to perform a keyword search on the name servers.
- Click OK, and then click Save.
The name servers that you selected appear under the Assets table.
Last modified: 8/19/2019 9:47:25 PM