Creating OpenStack Swift Virtual Client
After installing the File System Core, File System, and Cloud Apps packages on the proxy client computer, you must create a virtual client to perform backup and restore operations.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Cloud Storage > OpenStack Swift.
The New OpenStack Swift Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the following details:
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the new virtual client.
- In the Instance Name box, type a name for the instance.
- In the Access Node box, select the proxy client computer where the Cloud Apps package is installed.
- In the Storage Policy box, select a storage policy for the backup and restore operations.
- In the Number of Data Backup Streams box, type the number of data streams to use for backups. The maximum value is 99.
Note: The number of streams must not exceed the maximum number configured in the subclient storage policy. The CommServe allocates streams depending on the availability of resources.
- On the Connection Details tab, provide the following details:
- In the Host URL box, type the OpenStack Authentication service URL.
- In the User Name box, type the name of the OpenStack Swift service account.
User name format: Domain Name : User Name : Project Name
- In the API Key box, type the API key of the OpenStack Swift service account.
- Click OK.
The Commvault software creates an OpenStack Swift virtual client that contains a default instance.
Last modified: 8/13/2019 9:48:33 AM