Adding MediaAgents to a Network Storage Pool
Use the following section to add additional MediaAgents to a Network Storage Pool.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand to Storage Resources > Storage Pools.
- Select and right-click the appropriate StoragePool, and then click Add > Add MediaAgents
- In the Share Mount Path dialog box, select the MediaAgents that you want to add to the Network Storage Pool and click OK.
Note: For disk network storage pool:
By default the Automatic Transport Type is selected to indicate that the appropriate transport type, based on the Mount path configuration, will be used. For example, if a library consists of two mount paths, one with a Local path and the other with a Network path, the MediaAgent will be shared, using one of the following transport types:
- For mount paths with a Network path, the MediaAgent is shared as a network path using the Regular transport type.
- For mount paths with a Local path, the MediaAgent is shared using the Data Server-IP transport type.
The MediaAgent is shared with all the available storage (mount paths) in the Storage Pool.
Last modified: 10/14/2019 9:40:11 AM