Creating a Cloud Storage Library
You can create a cloud library from the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- Verify Cloud storage support.
For more information on supported devices, see Supported Cloud Storage Products.
- Purchase your cloud storage account and acquire the access credentials.
For recommendations on cloud account purchase, see Cloud Storage Building Block Guide.
For more information about the access information of a cloud storage account, see Add / Edit Cloud Storage (General)
- Create a credential with the access information that you obtained from the cloud service provider.
For instructions, see Adding a Credential to Credentials Manager.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources.
- Right-click Libraries, point to Add, click Cloud Storage Library, and then click Cloud Storage.
The Add Cloud Storage dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, enter the following information:
- Name: Enter the name of the cloud storage library.
- Type: Select the type of the cloud storage server.
- MediaAgent: Select the MediaAgent you want to use.
- Authentication: Select the authentication type for the cloud storage server.
- Service host: Enter the service host of the cloud storage.
- Credential: Select an appropriate credential to access the cloud storage library. To create a new credential, click the Create New button.
For instructions about creating a credential, see Adding a Credential to Credentials Manager.
- Bucket/Container: Enter the bucket/container name.
To use an existing bucket in the cloud library, click the Detect button.
Note: Sometimes, existing bucket list may not get populated while detecting the buckets, as some vendors may not support this operation, or if there are no permissions to complete the operation. In such cases, type the name of the existing bucket that you want to use. The system will automatically use the existing bucket if it is available.
- Storage Class: Select the appropriate storage class for your account.
- The other access information for cloud storage devices varies for each server type. For a list of server types and their access information, see Add / Edit Cloud Storage (General).
- The credentials must not contain blank spaces or other special characters.
- For a vendor that supports Amazon S3, you must select Amazon S3 from Type, and then, under Access Information, enter the credentials of that vendor. For a list of supported Amazon S3 vendors, see Amazon S3 Vendors.
- If the MediaAgent accesses the cloud library using a proxy, click the Advanced tab, select the Proxy Server check box, and then enter the proxy server access information.
- Click OK.
The new cloud storage library appears in the CommCell Browser under Storage Resources > Libraries and also under Storage Resources > MediaAgents > MediaAgent.
- If the cloud storage is configured with deduplication, then you can configure to prune the data from the cloud storage as soon as the backup jobs associated with that DDB meets the retention rules without sealing the DDB. For more information, see Configuring Micro Pruning on Cloud Storage.
- By default, data is transferred through secured channels using HTTPS protocol. If you need to use HTTP, just add 'HTTP' to the service host name displayed in the Service Host option during configuration. See FAQ: Can I use HTTP instead of HTTPS for Configuring a Cloud Library for additional information.
Last modified: 12/1/2020 2:28:08 AM