Backing Up Amazon RDS SQL Databases
Run a full backup operation to back up Amazon RDS SQL Databases.
The Commvault software automatically filters the Amazon RDS system databases and admin databases from the backup operation.
- From the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > SQL Server > instance.
- Right-click the SQL database subclient that you want to back up, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the Select Backup Type pane, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, choose whether to run the backup job immediately or on a schedule.
- Click OK.
If you run the backup job immediately, you can monitor the progress of the backup job in the Job Controller window. For more information, see Job Controller.
After the backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.
What to Do Next
Determine your restore source and destination, and then perform one of the following tasks:
- Restore the Amazon SQL RDS backup to an Amazon RDS instance. For more information, see Restoring from an Amazon RDS Instance to Another Amazon RDS Instance.
- Restore an on-site instance to an Amazon RDS instance. For more information see Restoring from an On-Premises SQL Instance to an Amazon RDS Instance.
- Restore an Amazon SQL RDS instance to an On-Premises database. For more information see Restoring from an Amazon RDS Instance to an On-Premises SQL Database.
Last modified: 4/9/2018 3:23:35 PM