Restoring from an Amazon RDS Instance to an On-Premises SQL Database
Perform this procedure from Amazon RDS SQL client where you performed the backup.
Before You Begin
Perform a full backup. For more information, see Backing Up Amazon RDS SQL Databases.
- From the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > SQL Server.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore dialog box appears.
- On the Time Range tab, select Latest Backup, and then click View Content.
- Select the databases to restore, and then click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the destination information.
- From the Destination Server list, select the SQL server.
- To restore the database to the same location from where it was backed up, select the Unconditionally overwrite existing database or files check box.
- In the Staging Path on Destination Client box, specify the full path on the destination client where the Commvault software stages the database. You can use Browse to select the folder.
- Optional: To change the database name, in the Database column, type a new name for the database.
Repeat this step for each database that you want to change.
- Optional: Restore the database to a disk. Click Advanced.
The Advanced Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the Options tab, select the Restore to Disk check box, and then click OK.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/22/2018 9:49:22 PM