Restoring from an Amazon RDS Instance to Another Amazon RDS Instance
Perform this procedure from Amazon RDS SQL client where you performed the backup.
When you perform this type of restore, the Amazon RDS database instance name and physical path do not need to be edited because the restore goes to the default path.
If you just change the database name to perform an out-of-place restore to the same instance, it does not work because the database file name already exists in the default path.
Before You Begin
Perform a full backup. For more information, see Backing Up Amazon RDS SQL Databases.
- From the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > SQL Server.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore dialog box appears.
- On the Time Range tab, select Latest Backup, and then click View Content.
- Select the databases to restore, and then click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the destination information.
- From the Destination Server list, select the Amazon RDS SQL server.
- From the Proxy Client list, select the proxy server that you want to use for the restore.
- To restore the database to the same location from where it was backed up, select the Unconditionally overwrite existing database or files check box.
- In the Staging Path on Proxy Client box, specify the full path on the destination client where the Commvault software stages the database. You can use Browse to select the folder.
- Optional: To change the database name, in the Database column, type a new name for the database.
Repeat this step for each database that you want to change.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/23/2018 12:21:34 PM