Performing a SQL Live Sync Operation
Perform a SQL Live Sync operation for a SQL database.
You can specify whether the database is in standby or no recovery mode after the operation completes.
You must have a backup in order to perform a Live Sync operation. If you have installed the SQL Server agent on the client, but have not yet performed a backup, then the software does not display any databases in the SQL Live Sync Options dialog box.
Note: You can only use the Live Sync feature with SQL databases that use the Full Recovery model.
Before You Begin
- Install the SQL Agent on the destination host. For more information, see Getting Started with the SQL Server Agent.
- Add a SQL instance in the CommCell Console for the destination instance. For more information, see Instances for the SQL Server Agent.
- Make sure that you have a backup for the database that you want to use for the Live Sync operation.
- From the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > SQL Server.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks, Live Sync, and then click Configuration.
The SQL Live Sync Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select the replication options:
- In the Schedule Name box, type the name of the schedule that the software creates for Live Sync.
- From the Destination Instance list, select the instance where the software replicates the data.
The Commvault software automatically populates the Destination Client value based on the instance that you select.
Note: The software only displays the SQL instances that have the same SQL version or higher than the source database.
- In the Select all databases box, select the check box for each database that you want to be part of the Live Sync operation.
- In the Live Sync Options area, select the Recovery Type. If you select Stand By, then in the Undo File Path box, type the full path to the location of the undo file.
- If the destination instance is the same at the source instance, then change the location of the database on the destination server. On the Redirect tab, in the Database column, type the new database name.
- Click OK.
After you complete the initial configuration, the software initiates replication using the latest full cycle.
The software performs the operation after a log backup completes on a subclient that contains a Live Sync database.
Last modified: 12/6/2019 5:19:42 PM