Retiring a Mount Path
A mount path can be retired or phased out from a cloud library.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Storage Resources | Libraries | <Library>.
- Right-click the <MountPath> that you no longer want to use, and then click Properties.
- From the Allocation Policy tab, click and disable the Disable mount path for write option.
- Enable the Prevent data block references for new backups option.
- Click OK.
- The mount path will not be used for subsequent write operations. You can however perform read operations on the data available in the mount path.
- Depending on the retention criteria set for the storage policy copy that was used to write the data, the data in the mount path will be pruned when data aging operation is performed. To prevent pruning, the device controller needs to be set to read only.
Last modified: 11/26/2018 9:54:03 PM