Multitenant Database Container Database Full System Recovery: SAP HANA Agent
A full system recovery of a SAP HANA Multitenant Database Container Databases involves the following phases:
Preparing for a Full System Recovery
Before you begin a disaster recovery, make sure to do the following:
- Perform a full backup and enable the Automatic Log Backup feature in the SAP HANA studio.
- Rebuild the hardware if needed.
- Install the same version of the operating system with the same patches that were on the source client.
- Edit the host file to include the CommServe name.
- Install the SAP HANA application.
- Install Commvault
- Create an instance for the database that you want to restore in the CommCell Console and in the SAP HANA studio
Full System Recovery
You can recover the SAP HANA database in the event of a disaster by using the following procedure:
- To perform the restore operation from the CommCell Console, see Restoring the SAP HANA Database from the CommCell Console.
- To perform the restore operation from the SAP HANA command line interface, use one of the following procedures:
SAP HANA 1.0
- HDBSettings.sh Example: Performing SAP HANA 1.0 SYSTEMDB Restores for Disaster Recovery
- HDBSQL Example: Recovering the SAP HANA 1.0 Tenant Databases for a Disaster Recovery
SAP HANA 2.0
- To perform a recover operation, see Recovering SAP HANA Database.
Last modified: 2/26/2018 3:10:21 PM