Creating a Network Share Client for CIFS Shares
After you install the Windows File System Agent on the data access nodes, create a network share client.
The host name is not required when you create a network share client, but if you do provide the host name, the software uses it as follows:
- For file servers such as NetApp, the host name is used to map the array information to the corresponding client.
- For all file servers, the host name is automatically populated when you browse for content on a file server. (If a valid host name is not provided when you create the network share client, you can manually enter the host name during the browse operation.)??????
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then go to New Client > File System > NAS/Network Share.
The Add NAS/Network Share Client dialog box appears.
- Select the Network Share check box.
- Select the Windows check box.
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the Network Share client.
- In the Host Name box, type the host name for the Network Share client.
- Click OK.
The Commvault software creates a client that has a Windows File System agent with a default backup set and a default subclient.
Last modified: 3/23/2021 8:02:55 PM