Disabling Data Aging for an Oracle Instance
There may be times that you have on storage policy for multiple instances and you need to retain the data for a specific instance for a longer period. In this case, you can disable data aging for the Oracle instance.
When you disable data aging, the Commvault software does not prune the data or run the RMAN crosscheck. The data remains on the storage device until one of the following actions occurs:
- You manually delete the data
- You re-enable data aging for the instance.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, and then click Properties.
The Instance Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Activity Control tab, under Administration Activity, clear the Enable Data Aging check box.
- Click OK to close the Instance Properties dialog box.
The software does not prune any backup job for the instance.
You can re-enable data aging for the instance at any point (select the Enable Data Aging check box). After you re-enable data aging, the software prunes the backups.
Last modified: 5/8/2018 12:10:19 PM