Performing a SAP HANA Multitenant Database Container Backup
You can perform a full, incremental, or differential backup on a system or tenant database.
Select the subclient that is associated with the database backup set.
When the Commvault software performs the backup, the software uses the SYSTEMDB database credentials to connect to the system or tenant databases.
Best Practice: Use the backup prefix to uniquely identify a backup.
Note: You must have SAP HANA SPS 10 or higher in order to perform an incremental or differential backup.
Before You Begin
- The database must be online and all services must be running.
- You can perform a backup on the subclient details page, DbBackupset details, or the instances page.
- Subclient details: From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases > DB Instances > instance > subclient. Then, in the Backup section, click Back up now.
- DbBackupset details: From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases > DB Instances > instance. In the Databases section, select the database that you want to back up. In the Subclient section, select the subclient that you want to backup, and then click Backup.
- Instances: From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases > DB Instances ,and then select the instance. In the upper-right area of the page, click Backup. Select the subclient that you want to backup, and then click Select.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- Select the Backup level.
- In the Backup prefix box, type a unique name to identify the backup.
- Click OK.
The Backup Job dialog box appears.
- Optional: View the job details. Click the job ID.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
You can control or view the job. For more information, see Jobs.
Last modified: 11/8/2019 5:10:27 PM