Disk Libraries - Getting Started
You can create disk libraries from the CommCell Console or by using the Command Line Interface. For more information on creating disk libraries using command line, see Create a Disk Library Using Command Line.
Before You Begin
Before creating a disk library, make sure to perform the following:
- Run disk performance tool to test the performance of the read and write operation on a disk. For more information on testing disk performance, see Disk Performance Tool.
- Verify Clustered File System Storage Support to view the list of supported cluster file systems.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand to Storage Resources.
- Right-click Libraries, and the click Add | Disk Library.
The Add Disk Library dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, type the name for a disk library.
- Select the appropriate MediaAgent from the MediaAgent list.
- If the device is a direct-attached library such as SAS/FC/iSCSI for Windows or NFS for UNIX/Linux MediaAgents, define the mount path as a local path.
Note: If the MediaAgent is a UNIX/Linux MediaAgent, then you must select the Local Path option. To access an NFS share, you must mount the share to your UNIX/Linux MediaAgent. Once the share is mounted, it appears as another local directory on the system. You can provide this directory location in the local path.
- Select Local Path.
- In the Disk Device box, enter the mount path location.
- If the device is on a network, define the mount path as a network path.
- The Network Path option is available only for Windows MediaAgents that use CIFs shares.
- While creating a disk library and defining a network path that uses an SMB or an NFS for file shares, it is recommended that the MediaAgent is in the Local Area Network (LAN). This is because a MediaAgent in Wide Area Network (WAN) leads to increased latencies, thereby resulting in slower read and write performances from the configured mount paths.
- Select Network Path.
- From the Credential list, select an appropriate credential to access the mount path. To create a new credential, click the Create New button.
For instructions about adding a credential, see Adding a Credential to Credentials Manager.
- In the Folder box, enter the mount path location.
- Click OK.
The new disk library appears in the CommCell Browser under Storage Resources | Libraries.
Last modified: 5/10/2019 11:36:06 AM