Creating a Base Plan
Applies to: Laptop plans, server plans
Create a base plan that you can use as a template for other plans. The plans created from base plans are called derived plans.
When a plan is derived from a base plan, changes to the base plan also change the derived plan for options that are inherited. For example, if you change the RPO (recovery point objective) from 4 hours to 10 hours in a base plan, the RPOs for all of the plans inheriting RPO from that base plan are changed to 10 hours.
- Follow the instructions for the type of plan you want to create:
- Remain in the Create plan_type plan dialog box.
- Under Override restrictions, select the Allow plan to be overridden check box.
Selecting the Allow plan to be overridden check box makes the plan a base plan.
Depending on the plan type, the following options become available: Storage pool, RPO, Backup content, and Retention.
- For each option, define how the base plan interacts with plans derived from it:
- Override required: Plans derived from this base plan do not inherit the base plan values for this option.
- Override optional: Plans derived from this base plan can either inherit the base plan values or have different values for this option.
- Override not allowed: Plans derived from this base plan inherit the base plan values for this option.
- Click Save.
On the plan properties page, under Override restrictions, the options and the override settings you chose are listed.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 1/13/2021 9:24:43 PM