Creating Plans from a Base Plan
Applies To: Endpoint plans and Server plans
You can create a plan using a base plan as a template. The plans created from base plans are called derived plans.
When a plan is derived from a base plan, changes to the base plan also change the derived plan. For example, if you change the RPO (recovery point objective) from 4 hours to 10 hours in a base plan, the RPOs for all of the plans derived from that base plan are changed to 10 hours.
Before You Begin
- Verify that you have the following security permissions: View and Create Plan.
- Create a base plan.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Plans.
The Plans page appears.
- In the Plan name column, click the base plan you want to use as the template for your new plan.
The plan details page appears.
- In the upper right, click Derive and create new.
- In the Plan name box, enter a name for the derived plan.
- Review the plan options that were inherited from the base plan.
Depending on the plan type, the following options are available: Storage pool, RPO, and Backup content.
- Update the plan options:
- If the Override base setting check box is available, the derived plan can either inherit the base plan values or have different values. Select the check box to enter different values.
- If the Override base setting check box is selected and unavailable (appears dimmed), the derived plan does not inherit the base plan values. Enter the appropriate values.
- If the Override base setting check box is cleared and unavailable (appears dimmed), the derived plan must inherit the base plan values.
- To allow the derived plan to act as a base plan, under Override restrictions, select the Allow plan to be overridden check box.
- For each option, define how the plan will interact with plans derived from it:
- Override required: Plans derived from this base plan do not inherit the base plan values for this option.
- Override optional: Plans derived from this base plan can either inherit the base plan values or have different values for this option.
- Override not allowed: Plans derived from this base plan must inherit the base plan values for this option.
- Click Save.
On the plan details page, under Inherit setting, the base plan that you used as a template is listed. For each option, the relationship between the base plan and the derived plan is listed. For example, next to Storage pool, Inheriting from base plan is displayed.
If the derived plan can act as a base plan, under Override restrictions, the options and the override settings you chose are listed.
Last modified: 3/25/2020 8:58:49 PM