Creating Plans from a Base Plan
Applies to: Laptop plans, server plans
You can create a plan using a base plan as a template. The plans created from base plans are called derived plans.
When a plan is derived from a base plan, changes to the base plan also change the derived plan for options that are inherited. For example, if you change the RPO (recovery point objective) from 4 hours to 10 hours in a base plan, the RPOs for all of the plans inheriting RPO from that base plan are changed to 10 hours.
Before You Begin
- Verify that you have the View permission and the Create Plan permission.
- Create a base plan.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Plans.
The Plans page appears.
- In the Plan name column, click the base plan you want to use as the template for your new plan.
The plan page appears.
- In the upper-right area of the page, click Derive and create new.
The Create server backup plan dialog box appears.
- In the Plan name box, enter a name for the derived plan.
- Review the plan options that were inherited from the base plan.
Depending on the plan type, the following options are available: Storage pool, RPO, Backup content, and Retention.
- Update the plan options:
- If the Override base setting check box is available, the derived plan can either inherit the base plan values or have different values. Select the check box to enter different values.
- If the Override base setting check box is selected and unavailable (appears dimmed), the derived plan does not inherit the base plan values. Enter the appropriate values.
- If the Override base setting check box is cleared and unavailable (appears dimmed), the derived plan inherits the base plan values.
- Click Save.
On the plan page, under Inherit settings, the base plan that you used as a template is listed. For each option, the relationship between the base plan and the derived plan is listed. For example, beside Storage pool, Inheriting from base plan is displayed.
Last modified: 1/14/2021 5:29:19 PM