Moving the Index Directory for an Index Server
The IndexServerDirectoryMove workflow is a predefined workflow that allows you to move index data from a stand-alone Index Server to a different location on the same Index Server or to a different Index Server.
Warning: If you migrate the index data to a different Index Server, verify that you have configured the destination Index Server with the same roles as the source Index Server. Also, verify that there is no existing data in the destination location because this operation will overwrite any existing data in the destination location.
Before You Begin
- Obtain the IndexServerDirectoryMove workflow from Commvault Store, import the workflow, and then deploy the workflow on the Workflow Engine you want to use.
- If you want to migrate data to a different Index Server, configure the new Index Server with the same roles as the existing Index Server. For instructions, see Adding an Index Server Entity to Your CommCell Environment.
- Verify that there is no existing data in the location you want to use as the new index directory on the destination Index Store client configured for Index Server.
- Verify that there is enough space available on the Index Store client configured on the Index Server for the data you want to move.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Workflows.
- Right-click IndexServerDirectoryMove, and then click All Tasks > Execute.
The Index Server Directory Move Options dialog box appears.
- On the Inputs tab, from the Run workflow on list, select the Workflow Engine, and then click OK.
- From the Source Index Server list, select the Index Server with the data you want to move.
- Select options based on the operation:
Move the index directory to a different location on the same computer
- From the Destination Index Server list, select the source Index Server so that the source and destination Index Servers match.
- In the Destination Index Directory box, enter the full path to the destination index directory on the Index Server.
Move the index directory to a different computer
- From the Destination Index Server list, select the Index Server to move the data to.
- Click OK.
- In the UserName and Password boxes, enter the credentials for the user who has access to the destination computer.
- In the UNC Analytics Index Source Path box, enter the UNC path to the index directory on the source Index Server.
- In the IndexServerDirectoryMove Options dialog box, click OK.
- When the workflow operation is complete, restart the Analytics service on both the source and destination Index Store clients.
Tip: You can track the progress of the workflow job from the Job Controller.
- Optional: Delete the original index directory.
Last modified: 7/20/2021 7:27:41 PM