Creating a Recovery Target
Create a recovery target for the following scenarios:
- To identify resources that can be used for live mounts and to specify parameters for live mount operations, including live mounts that are performed for backup validation.
- To enable testing failover operations for VMs using live mounts.
- To support Virtualize Me operations.
- To specify options for replication to a destination site.
- To identify a destination for full VM restores.
For VMware, users can select a recovery target as a destination for out-of-place restores of full VMs. To enable this capability for a user, you must associate the recovery target with the user or a user group that includes the user.
Before You Begin
- Configure a hypervisor for the destination.
- For Virtualize Me targets, download the required Windows or UNIX ISO files and copy them to a location on the destination host.
- Review the list of options for the destination hypervisor:
- From the navigation pane, go to Disaster recovery > Recovery targets.
The Recovery targets page appears.
- Click Add.
The Add recovery target page appears.
- From the Select vendor list, select the virtualization platform type for the destination.
The page displays options that are available for the vendor you selected.
- In the Recovery target name box, enter a descriptive name for the destination site.
- Enter hypervisor-specific values for the other options on the page.
- Click Add.
Last modified: 10/28/2020 7:15:13 PM