A Test Failover operation validates the failover operation for a group of VMs by live mounting replicated VMs that are part of a failover group to a test site.
Test failover is supported only for VMware destinations.
Before You Begin
- Create a recovery target that includes virtual lab options.
- Create a failover group that identifies the VMs to be included. The failover group must specify a replication target that supports test failover operations.
- For VMware destination sites: To perform failover, test boot, and failback operations for VMware destination sites, VMware tools must be installed on the source VMs before replicating the VMs.
- From the navigation pane, go to Disaster recovery > Replication.
The Replication groups page appears.
- On the Failover groups tab, in the Name column, click a failover group.
The failover group page appears.
- In the top-right area of the page, click Test failover.
A message appears and asks you whether you want to test the failover.
- Click Yes.
When the test failover operation completes successfully, the users who were configured to receive notifications for failovers receives an email notification that provides a summary of the test failover operation and a link that can be used to access the failover group.
Last modified: 10/28/2020 7:33:20 PM