Configuring Entities in Entity Manager
Entities are the personally identifiable information (PII) types that you can discover with Activate. You can view and configure entities from Entity Manager.
For built-in entity types, you can configure the sensitivity and keyword details. For entity types that you create, you can configure all of the entity details.
- From the navigation pane, go to Activate.
The Activate page appears.
- Under Settings, click the Entity Manager tile.
The Entity manager page appears.
- Under Entity List, click the entity type you want to configure.
Tip: Use the search bar and the filters to filter the Entity List.
The entity properties appear in the section to the right of Entity list.
- Configure the entity as follows:
Disable the entity.
When you disable an entity, the entity type will no longer be discoverable in future data collection operations.
You can re-enable the entity at a later time, but you must perform a data collection operation before you can discover the entity in your data sources.
- In the upper-right corner, click Disable.
Edit the entity details.
For entities that you create, you can edit all of the entity details. For built-in entity types, you can only edit the keywords and sensitivity levels.
- In the upper-right corner, click Edit.
Depending on the type of entity you selected, the fields in Entity Details become editable.
- Click the field name, and configure the entity as needed.
- When you are finished configuring the entity, click Save.
Last modified: 2/18/2020 9:06:42 PM