Defining Filters for Content
Filters can be configured to exclude instances from backups. You can define filters on a subclient (only applies to that subclient) or on a backup set (applies to all subclients under the backup set).
For each subclient under a backup set, the filtering specified for the backup set is combined with the filtering for the subclient to determine which content is excluded from backups. Any filtering defined in a backup set is also visible in the subclients under the backup set when the Show Backupset Filters option is selected, and is applied at the subclient level even if backup set filters are not displayed.
If an instance is added by browsing and selecting the instance display name, discovery is performed based on the GUID for the instance. If that instance is later restored in place from a backup, a new GUID is generated, and that instance is no longer filtered from the backup. To filter that instance, you must remove the old filter rule, then add a new rule or use a name pattern for the filter.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Google Cloud.
- Right-click the backup set and then click Properties.
- In the Backup Set Property dialog box, click the Instance Filters tab.
- To define a new filter for instances, browse or define a rule:
To browse for objects:
- Click Browse.
- Select a view from the list at the top left of the Browse dialog box. You can select objects at any level to exclude instances for the selected object.
- By Region: Browse and select regions or instances.
- By Zone: Browse nd select zones or instances.
- Click OK.
To define a rule:
- Click Add.
- In the Rule Group box, select the rule type from the drop-down list and enter the appropriate information in the box on the right:
- Instance Name /Pattern: Enter a pattern (for example, Test* to identify instances for which the instance name begins with "Test").
- Region: Enter the exact name of the region or a pattern (for example, asia* to identify all regions in Asia).
- Zone: Enter the exact name of the zone.
- Click OK.
- To modify a filter, select the filter and then click Edit.
- To remove a filter, select the filter and click Delete; then confirm the deletion request.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/11/2018 6:51:31 PM