Creating an Exchange Mailbox Journal Mailbox Plan
Applies to: ContentStore Mailbox, and Journal Mailbox
The journal mailbox plan determine what happens to journaled messages after they are archived. In addition, you can enable content indexing for journaled messages that are archived.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Plans.
The Plans page appears.
- In the upper right of the page, click Create plan, and then click Exchange mailbox.
- Click Journal mailbox plan.
The Create journal mailbox plan page appears.
- Make the following selections:
- In the Plan name box, type name of the plan.
- If you want to delete the journal messages from the SMTP server or Exchange server after the messages are archived, select the Delete archived messages after successful archive operations check box.
- If you want to content index the archived messages, under Content indexing, select the Enable check box, and then specify the preview options. For more information, see Exchange Journal Mailbox Plan Advanced Options.
- If you want to identify the data in your environment that contains one or more specific types of sensitive information, click the Content Analyzer list, and then select a Content Analyzer Cloud.
- Click the Entities list under Entity Detection, and then select one or more entity types.
- Only the selected entity types will be discovered for end-user data requests and projects that use this plan.
Tip: You can use the search bar to filter the entities, and use the selection controls to select all of the entity types.
- Click Next.
The Retention page appears.
- Do either of the following:
- If you want to define an unlimited retention period, select Retain messages indefinitely.
- If you want to define a limited number of days, select Retain messages for n days, and then type the number of days that message is retained.
- Click Finish.
What to Do Next
In the navigation pane, expand Configuration > Plans, and then select the plan you created. You can configure the advanced options on the Journal Mailbox Plan page.
Last modified: 11/7/2019 11:22:04 PM