Configuring Filter Panel Components in the Report Builder
When you add a filter panel component to a report, you can configure additional filters.
Before You Begin
- Build a Report
- To build and deploy reports, your CommCell user account requires a role with the Add Report permission and an association with the CommCell entity.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
- On the Web Console for the Private Metrics Reporting Server, click Reports.
The Worldwide Dashboard appears.
- To open a report where you have already added a data set, from the navigation pane, click Configuration > Reports, and next to the Report Name under Actions, click Edit.
- Optional: If your report has multiple pages, click the tab for the page that you want to edit.
- Drag Filter Panel to the Drop components to build the report box.
- From the Data Sets list, drag a field to the Drop fields here box.
- To add additional fields, drag the fields into the filter panel component.
- Select the filters for the fields based on your reporting needs.
- To perform advanced filtering field for a field, complete the following steps:
- Click Advanced Filtering for the field.
- Enter the filters.
- Click Apply Filter.
- To move to basic filters, click Basic Filtering.
- To clear all filters for a field, click Clear.
- Select the component, on the Properties tab, click General, and configure the settings:
- To name the search bar component, in the Chart Title box, type a name for the component.
- To configure a different ID for the search bar component, in the ID box, type a new identifier for the component.
Note: You cannot edit the contents of the Data Set box.
- To specify who can view the component, from the Visible list, select any one of the following options:
- All: To allow everyone see the component, select this option.
- CommCell Admin: To allow only CommCell administrators see the component, select this option.
- Tenant Admin: To allow only only tenant administrators see the component, select this option.
For example, to allow MSP users see the component, in the Visible Expression box, enter := return cv.isMspUser.
- To remove a field from the component, on the Properties tab, click Fields , and next to the Field Name, click Remove Measure.
- To save this version of your report specification in the Reports Manager, at the top of the Report Builder page, click Save.
- To make the report available to end users on the Reports page, at the top of the page, click Deploy.
Last modified: 11/20/2020 7:29:27 AM