Adding a Google Cloud Platform Hypervisor
Add a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) hypervisor to support data protection operations for all instances hosted or managed by the hypervisor.
Before You Begin
- To backup and restore GCP instances, you must create a GCP service account, and then copy the provided private key (P12) file to each VSA proxy (access node).
For more information, see Creating a Google Cloud Platform Service Account.
- The VSA proxy must reside in the Google Cloud and must be connected to a GCP project. You can designate one VSA proxy to back up instances from multiple projects (to which access rights are provided in your GCP service account). For faster backups and restores, designate at least one VSA proxy for every GCP region.
You can install the VSA on other instances to create one or more additional proxies for a GCP project.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Virtualization.
The Hypervisors tab appears.
- Click Add hypervisor.
- For Select vendor, select Google Cloud Platform.
- For Client name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- Enter the GCP Service Account ID.
- Enter the GCP P12 Key File Name.
The P12 file should reside in the following location on the proxy computer: <Base-folder>/certificates/external
- Enter the GCP Private Keys Password.
- From the Access node list, select a previously deployed proxy.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 1/7/2020 4:54:33 PM