Adding a Google Cloud Platform Hypervisor
Add a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) hypervisor to support data protection operations for all instances hosted or managed by the hypervisor.
Before You Begin
- To backup and restore GCP instances, you must create a GCP service account, and then copy the provided private key (P12) file to each VSA proxy (access node).
For more information, see Creating a Google Cloud Platform Service Account.
- There must be one Virtual Server Agent (VSA) proxy for each GCP project. You can install the VSA on other instances to create one or more additional proxies for the GCP project.
- From the navigation pane, go to Solutions > Virtualization.
The Hypervisors tab appears.
- On the Hypervisors tab, click Add hypervisor.
- For Select type, select Google Cloud Platform.
- For Client name, type a descriptive name for the hypervisor.
- Enter the GCP Project ID.
- Enter the GCP Service Account ID.
- Enter the GCP P12 Key File Name.
The P12 file should reside in the following location on the proxy computer: <Base-folder>/certificates/external
- Enter the GCP Private Keys Password.
- From the Proxy list, select a previously deployed proxy.
- Click Save.
Last modified: 9/3/2019 2:00:37 PM