Creating a Microsoft Azure Stack Client
An Azure Stack virtualization client manages data protection operations for an Azure Stack subscription. You must create Azure Stack clients on client computers installed with the Virtual Server Agent.
If you have multiple Azure Stack subscriptions, create a virtualization client for each subscription.
Before You Begin
- If you have existing VSA proxies that are used to support Azure Classic or Azure Resource Manager, use different proxies for Azure Stack.
- For Azure Stack deployments, you must provide the following information during client configuration:
- Subscription ID
- Tenant ID
- Application ID and password
To get the required information, see Setting Up an Application and Tenant for Azure Stack.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers and select New Client > Virtualization > Azure Stack.
The Create Azure Stack Client dialog appears.
- For Authentication Type, select the deployment type from the following:
- Azure Active Directory
- Active Directory Federation Services
- For Resource Manager URL, type the web site address that will be used to communicate with your Azure Stack environment.
- Enter the following information:
- Client Name: Enter a descriptive name for the virtualization client.
- Subscription ID: Enter the subscription ID for your Azure Stack account.
- Tenant ID: Enter the tenant ID associated with the virtualization client.
- Application ID: Enter the application ID associated with the tenant.
- Application Password: Enter the password for the application in this box and in the Application Confirm Password box.
- From the Storage Policy list, select a storage policy to associate with the virtualization client.
The storage policy you select is also associated with the default subclient that is created automatically for the virtualization client.
- Add VSA proxies to be used for Azure Stack operations:
- Next to Proxies, click Add.
- In the Select Clients/Client Groups dialog box, select one or more VSA proxies.
Note: If you already have proxies that are used for Azure Classic and Azure Resource Manager, specify different proxies for Azure Stack.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to create the virtualization client.
Last modified: 12/17/2018 8:38:56 PM