Completing the Setup Wizard for Sensitive Data Governance
To start using Activate for Sensitive Data Governance, use the setup wizard to create a data classification plan and to create inventory. In the data classification plan, you create an Index Server and define which personally identifiable information (entities) to detect in the data.
Complete this procedure as part of the initial configuration of Sensitive Data Governance. For more information, see Getting Started with Sensitive Data Governance.
- In the navigation pane, click Guided setup.
- On the Activate tab, click Sensitive data governance.
- On the Create a data classification plan tab, complete the following steps:
- In the Plan name box, enter a unique name for the plan.
- Next to Index Server, click Create a new index server.
- From the Client list, select the server to use as the index server.
- In the Index Directory box, enter a path for the index directory.
- Follow the remaining steps in the wizard to complete the plan.
For information about additional plan options, see Creating Data Classification Plans.
- On the Add Inventory tab, create a logical group of assets in your CommCell environment:
- In the Name box, enter a name for the inventory.
- From the Index server list, select the Index Server to use for the inventory.
- From the Name server list, enter or select the domain to use for the inventory.
Note: To add a name server, click Create name server.
- Click Save.
What to Do Next
- After you configure Sensitive Data Governance, you can perform the following tasks:
- When you use the setup wizard to create a data classification plan, only the default entities are available. If you want to manage the types of entities that are available, including custom entities, see Entity Manager.
- After you complete the steps for getting started with Sensitive Data Governance, you can add individual file servers to your inventories. For more information, see Adding a File Server Asset to an Inventory.
Last modified: 4/14/2020 6:00:06 PM