Using the Setup Wizard for Activate
The setup wizard helps you to perform the initial configurations necessary to start using Activate.
Before You Begin
Complete this procedure as part of the initial configuration of Activate. For more information, see Getting Started with Activate.
- In the navigation pane, click Guided setup.
- Click the Activate tile.
Tip: If you do not see the Activate tile, click More in the lower-right of the Solutions section.
- On the Create a data classification plan tab, create a plan.
For more information, see Creating Data Classification Plans.
Note: When you use the setup wizard to create a data classification plan, only the default entities are available. If you want to manage the types of entities that are available, including custom entities to suit your business needs, you can use the Entity Manager components to do so. For more information, see Entity Manager.
- On the Add Inventory tab, create a logical group of assets in your CommCell environment:
- In the Name box, enter a name for the inventory.
- From the Index server list, select the Index Server to use for the inventory.
- From the Name server list, enter or select the domain to use for the inventory.
Note: To add a name server, click Create name server.
- Click Save.
Note: After you complete the steps for getting started with Activate, you can also add individual file servers to your inventories for Activate. For more information, see Adding a File Server Asset to an Inventory.
What to Do Next
After you have configured Activate, you can start to use the feature to perform the following tasks:
- Monitoring Personal Data in Your Enterprise
- Processing End-User Access Access Requests to export or delete personal data.
- Entity Manager to configure the types of personally identifiable information (PII) you can discover with Activate.
Last modified: 9/10/2019 6:58:41 PM