Installing Software Components for Sensitive Data Governance
The Index Server and Content Analyzer Cloud perform the content indexing and personal data analysis operations for Sensitive Data Governance. To configure these entities, you must install the Index Store package, the Content Analyzer package, and the Web Server on a computer in your environment. The Web Server facilitates communication between the components.
Complete this procedure as part of the initial configuration of Sensitive Data Governance. For more information, see Getting Started.
Step 1: Installing Index Store, Content Analyzer, and Web Server
Review the system requirements and the following installation considerations:
- For test environments, you can install the software on the same server with the Commvault package. For production, install the software on a separate, dedicated computer.
- Some data sources require additional installation instructions. (A data source is a specific location on an asset that you want to include for discovery and compliance tasks.)
- If one of the data sources will be an Exchange user mailbox, see Exchange User Mailbox: Installing Index Store, Content Analyzer, and Web Server.
- If one of the data sources will be OneDrive for Business, see OneDrive for Business: Installing Index Store, Content Analyzer, and Web Server.
- On the computer where you want to deploy the Activate software, download the Commvault enterprise media kit installer from the Cloud Services website, and then run the installer.
- Follow the prompts in the installation wizard:
- On the Choose the Installation Type page, click Install packages on this computer and proceed to the next page.
- If you are installing the Activate software on the same computer as the Commvault package, on the Install Option page, click Add Packages, and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Select Packages page, under Server, select the following packages, and then proceed to the next page:
- Web Server
- Content Analyzer
- Index Store
- On the Web Cache Path page, select a path to function as the Web Server cache, and then proceed to the next page.
- Review the information on the Installation Summary page, and then proceed to the next page to begin the installation.
After the packages are installed on the server, you will use the server to create an Index Server in the Sensitive Data Governance wizard.
Step 2: Verifying the Content Analyzer Cloud
A new content analyzer cloud is automatically created when you install the Content Analyzer package.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > Server groups.
The Server groups page appears.
- In the Server group table, in the Name column, click Content Analyzer Cloud.
_ContentAnalyzer is added to the end of the names of the servers in the Content Analyzer Cloud server group. For example, if the Content Analyzer package is installed on server001, the name of the server is server001_ContentAnalyzer.
What to Do Next
Return to Getting Started and complete the setup.
Last modified: 2/26/2020 9:07:55 PM