Adding Domains for Activate
If you plan to use Activate to analyze clients that have file system data, you can add all of the servers from a domain as potential data sources for Activate projects. The domains will be used to create inventories in Inventory Manager.
Before You Begin
Complete this procedure as part of the initial configuration of Activate. For more information, see Getting Started with Activate.
- From the navigation pane, go to Security > Domains.
- Decide if you want to create, edit, or delete a domain (name) server:
- To create a domain (name) server, click Add domain.
- To edit a domain (name) server, in the Actions column for the server, click the action button and click Modify.
- To delete a domain (name) server, in the Actions column for the server, click the action button and click Delete.
- In the Add domain or Edit domain dialog box, provide the following information:
- In the NETBIOS name box, type the fully qualified domain name that you use to identify this network resource, for example, my.domain.example.com.
- In the Domain Name box, type the fully qualified domain name, for example, my.domain.example.com.
- In the User name and Password boxes, type the credentials for a user who has at least read permission for the domain.
- To allow users to automatically log on, select the Enable SSO check box.
- Click Save.
- If you selected the Enable SSO check box, restart the Tomcat services on the Command Center computer.
What to Do Next
In the Command Center, complete the setup wizard for Activate.
Last modified: 8/9/2019 3:18:23 PM