Configuring Data Streams for Cloud Storage
The maximum number of writers for a cloud library is used to determine the maximum number of simultaneous backup operations. Hence this value is linked to the maximum number of data streams that can be established for a storage policy accessing the disk library.
Storage Policy data streams are logical channels that connect client data to the media in which data secured by backup operations are stored. Multiple data streams can be used to parallelize an operation, in order to improve the rate at which data can be written to the media. The practical limits for establishing data streams in a storage policy accessing a disk library is determined by the minimum value established in either the disk library or the sum of mount paths in the disk library.
Use the following steps to establish the Mount Path Allocation Policy for a disk library:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand to Storage Resources | Libraries.
- Right-click the appropriate library, and then click Properties.
- Click the Mount Paths tab.
- Select one of the following:
- Maximum Allowed Writers to automatically determine the concurrent writers on the mount path.
- Allocate number of Writers, and then select the maximum number of writers to specify or limit the number of concurrent writes on the mount path.
- Click OK to save the information.
Last modified: 7/30/2018 3:48:57 PM