Installing and Launching the System Center Plug-In
Applies to: Internet Explorer 10 or later
You can install the Commvault System Center plug-in to manage backups and recovery of Hyper-V virtual machines from within System Center.
Download the Commvault System Center plug-in from the Command Center, and follow the instructions provided with the download to install the plug-in.
- From the navigation pane, go to Manage > System.
The System page appears.
- Click the Plugins tile.
- In the upper-right corner of the Plugins page, click System center.
- The Microsoft system center plugin page displays instructions you can use to install and enable the plug-in.
- Click Download plugin package for virtual machine manager to download the plug-in package.
- After the download completes, copy the zip file for the package to a folder that is accessible from the Virtual Machine Manager.
- Open the System Center Virtual Machine Manager Console.
- The Connect to Server dialog box appears.
- Log on to Virtual Machine Manager with administrator credentials.
- The Virtual Machine Manager Console appears.
- In the navigation pane, click Settings.
- In the ribbon, click Import Console Add-in.
- The Import Add-in wizard guides you through the installation.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to install the zip file that contains the Commvault plug-in.
- After the installation is complete, you can access the Command Center from Virtual Machine Manager by clicking VMs and Servers and then clicking Command Center in the ribbon, or by right-clicking a virtual machine and selecting VM Info.
Last modified: 10/28/2020 3:12:25 PM