Additional Information and Configurations for Agents that Use Indexing Version 1
Applies to: Indexing Version 1
Additional information and configurations apply when you delete backup data and archive data using agents that use Indexing Version 1.
Agents That Use Indexing Version 1 That Support Delete Backup Data and Delete Archive Data
You can use the following agents that use Indexing Version 1 to delete backup data and archive data—but only from the CommCell Console:
- All file system agents
- Microsoft Exchange (classic) agents
Note: To upgrade a file system agent to Indexing Version 2, see Upgrading Clients to Indexing Version 2.
Acquiring the Delete Data Using the CommCell Console License
To delete backup data and archive data, you must have the Delete Data Using the CommCell Console license. For more information, see Feature License Types.
Enabling Data Deletion in a Storage Policy
To delete backup data and archive data, you must enable data deletion on the storage policy that is associated with the subclients that you want to delete data from.
- From the CommCell Console, right-click the storage policy, and then click Properties.
The Storage Policy Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select the Allow Erase Data check box.
- Click OK.
Assigning a Filter Storage Policy to an Agent
Before You Begin
Verify the following conditions:
- A filter storage policy is configured for the agent on the Agent Properties (Storage Device) tab.
- The filter storage policy that you want to assign to the agent has retention criteria that is greater than or equal to the retention criteria of the storage policy for the data to be deleted.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the appropriate agent icon, and then click Properties.
The Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Filter Storage Policy list, select a filter storage policy.
- Click OK.
Deleting a Filter Storage Policy
To delete a filter storage policy, you must assign a new storage policy as the filter storage policy for your client, and run at least one Delete Data Using the CommCell Console job.
Delete Backup Data and Archive Data Job Details
Viewing Job Details in the Admin Job History
- From the CommCell Console, right-click the CommServe server or computer, click View, and then click Admin Job History.
The Admin Job History Filter dialog box appears.
- Select the filter options that you want to apply, and then click OK.
Viewing Job Details in the Erase Backup/Archived Data Job Summary Report
The Erase Backup/Archived Data Job Summary Report displays information about delete backup data and archive data jobs.
Last modified: 6/13/2018 3:07:17 PM