Creating a User-Defined Subclient
If you need to back up specific databases, you can do that by creating a user-defined subclient.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Exchange.
The Exchange page appears.
- Click an Exchange database.
The Exchange Database page appears.
- Click Add Subclient.
The Add subclient wizard appears.
- On the General page, type a name for the subclient, select a plan, and then click Next.
- On the Settings page, type or select the maximum number of streams that is required for running a backup operation.
By default, the number of streams is 2.
- Optional: If you want block-level backup operations to use the backed-up databases for live browse, select the Optimize for message level recovery check box.
You can also enable block-level backups later. For more information, see Enabling Block-Level Backups for Exchange Databases.
- Click Next.
- On the Subclient content page, select the databases that you want to add to the user-defined subclient, and then click Next.
- On the Server details page, specify whether to select the backup source manually or automatically:
- To manually select the backup source, select Manual selection, and then, for each database, select the server that you want to use as the backup source.
- To have the software automatically select the backup source, complete the following steps:
- Select Automatic selection.
- To use a passive server, select the Backup from passive copy check box.
- To use the active server when no passive server is available, select the Backup from active copy if no passive copy is available check box.
- To run backup operations on the server that is least likely to become active in a failover case, select the Use last activation preference to select passive copy check box.
For more information, see Configuring Manual or Automatic Selection of the Backup Source.
- Click Save.
The user-defined subclient appears on the Exchange Database page, under Subclients.
Last modified: 10/23/2019 3:22:52 AM