Recovering Messages from an Offline Exchange Database
Applies to: Exchange 2010 or a more recent version, in a DAG environment
You can recover messages from an offline copy of an Exchange mailbox database.
- You can use this recovery method for mailbox databases only.
- You must restore the Exchange database out of place to a MediaAgent.
Before You Begin
- Verify that the MediaAgent is prepared for recovering messages.
- If the location where the Exchange database is restored is a network share, then the Active Directory computer account for the MediaAgent must have write access to that location.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Exchange.
The Exchange page appears.
- Click an Exchange database.
The Exchange Database page appears.
- Click Restore offline DB messages.
The Restore offline DB messages dialog box appears.
- From the Select a MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent where you want to restore the offline copy of the Exchange database.
- Click Browse, select the offline Exchange copy that you want to recover, and then click Save.
- Click Continue to restore.
The Restore messages page appears.
- Select the messages that you want to recover.
You can select a mailbox, or a folder in a mailbox (like Inbox), or a message.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- To select the PST path where you want to recover the selected messages, type or click Browse, and then click Save.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 10/23/2019 3:22:53 AM