Recovering Messages from an Exchange Database Block-Level Backup
Applies to: Exchange 2010 or a more recent version, in a DAG environment
After you perform a block-level backup of an Exchange database, you can recover individual messages.
Before You Begin
- Enable block-level backup.
- Verify that the MediaAgent is prepared for recovering messages.
- Create a recovery point.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Exchange.
The Exchange page appears.
- Click an Exchange database.
The Exchange Database page appears.
- In the Subclient section, click the subclient that contains the messages that you want to recover.
The subclient page appears.
- Click Restore messages.
The Restore messages page appears.
- In the Actions column of the recovery point that contains the messages that you want to recover, click the action button , and then click Browse.
- Select the messages that you want to recover.
You can select a mailbox, or a folder in a mailbox (such as the Inbox), or a message.
- Click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- To select the PST path where you want to recover the messages, type or click Browse, and then click Save.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 10/23/2019 3:22:54 AM