Using the MassRecall Utility to Recall Messages for an Entire Mailbox
Use the MassRecall utility to recall multiple stubs and replace the stubs with restored messages. For example, the utility can be used to recall stubs that have been moved to a folder other than the original folder, and then restore the messages to the original folder.
Mailbox objects can be recalled to the original mailbox folder from which they were archived (such as the Inbox) or to a different folder within the same mailbox.
- MassRecall Utility is not applicable for the Exchange Online mailbox.
- MassRecall Utility is applicable to the Exchange Mailbox Agent where stub recalls in Cvrecallmailbox should use the -appguid parameter.For example,
CvRecallMailbox.exe outlook1 –f C:\input.txt ExchangeServer1 ActiveDirectory1 -targetserver -targetevmgrcport -appguid
- There no need of the -appguid parameter for the Exchange Mailbox (Classic) Agent and v9/v10 mailbox archiver stub recalls. For example,
CvRecallMailbox.exe outlook1 –f C:\input.txt ExchangeServer1 ActiveDirectory1 -targetserver -targetevmgrcport
Before You Begin
- Run the MassRecall utility on the same client computer where the agent is located.
- Use the same Microsoft Outlook profile for the MassRecall utility that you use for the Archiver account.
Last modified: 9/14/2018 2:36:18 PM