Running a Restore Operation
You can run a full instance to restore all dbspaces from snap copy or backup copy.
Note: The first backup operation after running a restore operation should always be a full backup.
Before You Begin
- Shut down the Informix server.
- By default, the snapshot copy is set to 1 and is used for the restore operation. You can also use a different copy for performing the operation. In the Storage Policy Properties dialog box, on the Copy Precedence tab, for the copy that you want to use, set the copy precedence as 1.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > File System > backupset.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore dialog box appears.
- On the Advanced Options tab, from the Use MediaAgent drop-down list, select the MediaAgent that was used during storage policy creation.
You must select the MediaAgent that you installed along with your agent.
- Click View Content.
- In the right pane of the CommCell Browser window, select the data that you want to restore, and click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, complete the following steps"
- Clear the Overwrite Files check box.
- In the Destination Client list, select a client in the same CommCell Console as the client from which the data was backed up.
- Clear the Restore to same folder check box.
- In the Specify Destination Path box, type the path of the destination client.
Optionally, click Browse, and in the Browsing for destination folder on client dialog box, select the destination folder, and then click OK.
Important: Enter the path in Specify Destination Path box even if you are restoring to the same folder on the destination client.
Restored data retains its original permissions. The ACLs are restored after the permissions are restored. Do not restore ACLs to any directory that has the "sticky bit" on.
7. Click OK.
Last modified: 2/12/2019 3:57:00 AM