Creating an App for an Azure Account
Create an app with the Azure account information so that you can back up to and restore from an Azure instance.
The app provides an easy way for you to manage all the Azure instances that belong to the same account.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Cloud apps, and then click Add app.
The Create Azure client page appears.
- Specify the client information.
- From the Select Vendorlist, select the deployment model.
- In the Client Name box, type the Azure instance name.
- Provide the Azure cloud access information for the Azure Resource deployment type. For instructions about accessing this information from the Azure portal, see SQL Server Azure Cloud Connection Properties.
- In the Client name box, type a name for the client name.
- In the Subscription ID, Tenant ID, Application ID and Application password boxes, enter the details that you need to access data on the Azure cloud.
- Under Access Node, select all the proxy servers.
You can add multiple proxy servers to the app. The Commvault software uses the first proxy server in the list for instance and database discovery.
- Click Save.
What to Do Next
You can add SQL servers that represent the Azure instance that belongs to the account to the app. For more information, see Configuring an Azure SQL Instance.
Last modified: 8/24/2020 9:08:29 PM