Restoring SQL Databases from an Azure Cloud to an On-Premises SQL Server
You can restore SQL databases from an Azure cloud to an on-premises SQL server.
The destination instance must be the same version as or a later version of SQL than the source instance.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Cloud Apps.
The Cloud Apps page appears.
- In the Restore column for the Azure app, click Restore.
- Optional: Select a backup. From the Showing latest backup list, select one of the following options:
- To show the latest backup, select Show Latest Backup.
- To show a backup at a specific time, select Show backup as a of a specific date, and then type the date and time.
- To show backups for a date range, select Show backup for a date range, and then specify the dates.
- Select the data that you want to restore, and then click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- From the Destination server list, select the on-premise SQL server to which you want to restore the data.
The destination instance can be the same Azure cloud instance or another Azure cloud instance.
- From the Proxy client list, select the proxy server that you want to use for the restore.
- In the Staging path on proxy client box, enter the location where you want to stage the Azure BACPAC file.
Perform one of the following operations so that the restore operation completes successfully:
- Enter a location that is on the destination server.
- Rename the database and the physical files.
Verify that you have sufficient space in the staging path for the restore operation. For more information on the additional disk space requirement, see Agents and Components Requiring Additional Disk Space.
- To overwrite the files of any other database that is currently using the database that you specify, select the Unconditionally overwrite existing databases or files check box.
- To restore a database after dropping all existing connections to the database, select the Drop connections to database check box.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 1/14/2020 10:43:47 PM