Creating a Pseudo-Client for Lustre (File System)
After installing the File System Core and File System packages on the data access nodes, you must create a pseudo-client.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, point to New Client > File System and then click Lustre FS.
The Create Lustre FS Client dialog box appears.
- Specify names for the pseudo-client and the instance:
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the pseudo-client.
- In the Instance Name box, type a name for the instance.
- On the Lustre FS tab, specify the nodes in the Lustre cluster that will be part of the instance:
- Under Data Access Nodes, select the required data access nodes, and then click Add to include them in the instance.
- In the Number of Data Readers box, enter the number of data streams.
Tip: For optimal sharing of the backup load, the number of data readers must be equal or greater than the number of data access nodes.
- On the Storage Device tab, select a storage policy from the Storage Policy list.
- Optional: To create a new storage policy, click Create Storage Policy, and then follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard.
- Optional: To perform LAN-free backup and restores, select a grid storage policy.
By configuring keyless SSH between the MDT server and the data access nodes, you can also use the MediaAgent as a data access node.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/13/2018 6:37:32 AM