Uploading Packages to Web Server or Network Location Repositories
Applies to: Web Server repository and network share repository
If you have a Web Server repository or a network location repository configured for Download Center, you can upload packages that are accessible from your local computer to the repository and add the package to Download Center.
If the repository is a Web Server, you must upload the package to the software_installation_path/packages folder or to the folder configured to store the packages for the Download Center.
- Log on to the Web Console.
For information, see Accessing the Web Console.
- Click Download Center.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Add Information About Your Packages button ().
Note: If this is the first time you are configuring Download Center, on the Welcome to Download Center page, click Add Information About Your Downloads.
The Download Information page appears.
- Label, classify, and set permissions for downloading the package.
For details about the kind of information that you can enter for a package, see Package Information Page.
- To upload the package to the repository, use the following steps:
- In the Download Type and Location section next to Location, click the folder icon.
- Click the Repositories list, and then select a Web Server or a network repository.
- Browse to the location on the repository where you want to upload the package.
- Under Currently Browsing, click Upload.
- In the file system dialog box that appears, browse to the package you want to upload, and then click Open.
The upload progress bar appears. After the upload is complete, the package name appears in the repository location you selected.
- Select the package name, and then at the bottom of the Browse dialog box click Select.
- To make a package visible to all Download Center users, create a CommCell group named Everyone (see User Administration and Security - Getting Started), and then add the Everyone group to the Visible To list.
- Click Apply.
If you do not see your package in the Download Center list, click the refresh button () in the upper-right corner of the page and check again.
Last modified: 4/22/2020 6:33:13 PM