Performing GlusterFS Data Backups
This procedure describes the general steps for creating a backup operation.
Before You Begin
- All of the participating data access nodes must be at the same service pack level.
- All of the participating data access nodes and the GlusterFS cluster must be time synced.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > pseudo-client > Big Data Apps > instance.
- Right-click the appropriate subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- In the Select Backup Type area, select the type of backup that you want to perform:
- To perform a full backup, select Full.
- To perform an incremental backup, select Incremental.
- To perform a differential backup, select Differential.
- In the Job initiation area, specify whether to run the backup job immediately or to schedule it.
- Optional: To set advanced backup options, click Advanced.
For more information about the Advanced Options, see Advanced Backup Options.
- Optional: To save the current backup options as a script file, click Save as Script.
For more information, see Command Line Interface.
- Click OK.
If you selected to run the backup job immediately, you can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window. When the backup has completed, the Job Controller window displays Completed. If you choose to schedule the backup, then the backup job does not start until the time that you specified in the schedule. For more information, see Job Controller.
After the backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.
Last modified: 6/11/2018 10:45:51 AM