Getting Started With Virtualize Me for Windows and UNIX
Review each of the topics to get started with the Virtualize Me feature for Windows and UNIX computers.
Step 1: Obtain Your User Credentials to Access the Command Center
Obtain the following information from your administrator:
- The Command Center URL
- Your Command Center user credentials
If the Command Center is not set up in your CommCell environment, contact your administrator to deploy the Command Center. For more information, see Quick Start Guide.
Step 2: Log On to the Command Center
Accessing the Command Center by using the URL and user account credentials that you obtained from the administrator.
Step 3: Register the Command Center
If you have not done so, register your Command Center.
Step 4: Complete the Core Setup Wizard
Configure core information by completing the Core Setup Wizard.
Step 6: Complete the File Server Application Setup Wizard
Configure the File Server application by completing the Setup Wizard for the Servers Application.
Step 7: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- Create a subclient.
Configure the subclient to perform system state backups or 1-Touch backup.
- Determine the alerts that you want the software to trigger.
For information on how to configure alerts, see Creating an Alert Definition.
Step 8: Perform a System State Backup or 1-Touch Backup
- For Windows operating system, perform a system state backup. For instructions, see Perform a backup.
- For UNIX operating system, perform a 1-Touch backup using the following steps:
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > File servers > agent > backup_set > subclient.
- Enable 1-Touch Recovery.
Last modified: 2/28/2020 2:13:43 PM