Performing Virtualize Me for Windows or UNIX Computers
You can perform the Virtualize Me operation on your Windows and UNIX client computers.
Only VMware hypervisors are supported for Virtualize Me operations in the Command Center.
Before You Begin
- Create a Server Plan to protect your data. For instructions, see Server Plans.
- Create a Recovery Target to perform Virtualize Me operations. For instructions, see Creating a Recovery Target.
You can view the Recovery Target in the Configuration area only if you created the virtualization plan.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > File servers.
The File servers page appears.
- Click the file server.
The file server page appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the client details page, click the action button , and then click Virtualize Me.
- For the Backup Set, select a backup set from the list.
- For the Recovery target, select the name of the life cycle policy you created.
- For the VM display name, enter the name of the virtual machine that must appear after the Virtualize Me operation.
- For the Hostname, enter the host name of the client computer.
- For Network, select the network configuration.
- For Volumes, select the volume that must be created on the destination VM.
You can remove volumes that are not required when you run the Virtualize Me operation. However, you cannot remove the system volume at any time.
- Optional: To clone or replicate the client computer, select the Clone Machine check box.
- Optional: To overwrite the existing virtual machine in the destination location, select the Unconditionally overwrite if it already exists check box.
What to Do Next
You can control or view the job. For more information, see Jobs.
Last modified: 12/21/2020 3:52:56 PM