Configuring Mobile Device Notifications on Smart Devices
Applies to: Apple and Android smart devices
You can enable mobile device notifications on smart devices that have the Commvault mobile apps installed.
Commvault Edge App users can view notifications for Console alerts and Edge Drive shares on their smart devices.
Commvault NOW app users can view notifications for Console alerts on their smart devices. .
Before You Begin
Complete the following steps:
- Review the requirements for mobile device notifications.
- Verify that you have Service Pack 13 or later installed on the Web Servers that you use for mobile notifications.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel dialog box, under CommCell, click Mobile Notifications.
- To disable mobile notifications, in the Manage notifications for mobile devices dialog box, clear the Enable notifications for mobile devices check box.
- To assign a different mobile notification server, in the Mobile notification server box, select a Web Server that has MongoDB installed. By default, the CommServe assigns the first Web Server that had MongoDB installed as the mobile notification server.
- To assign a different mobile ActiveMQ server, in the Mobile ActiveMQ server box, select the Web Server that has Message Queue installed. By default, the CommServe assigns the same Web Server that is used as the mobile notification server.
- To change the frequency of the notifications, in the Mobile notification frequency box, select or type the value in minutes. The default value is one minute.
- Click OK.
Users who are subscribed to the console alerts and Edge Drive share notifications, will receive the notifications on their smart device.
For more information on viewing mobile device notifications, see the following links:
Last modified: 10/17/2018 3:35:00 AM