Migrating Networker Data to ObjectStore
Using the ThirdParty Migration app, you can migrate any backup jobs that can be restored as files from a Networker client to the ObjectStore. The app restores the Networker backup jobs to the staging client, and initiates the backup schedules for migration to ObjectStore.
Note: We migrate the third-party backups as files (file system data) from Networker.
Before You Begin
- Configure the ObjectStore for Migration.
The staging client that you configured on the ObjectStore must be a computer which has Networker and Commvault File System Agent installed.
You can choose either a Windows or a Linux client as the staging client for the migration. For example, if you are migrating data from Linux client, use a staging client on Linux.
Verify that the staging client has enough disk space to restore the largest backup image from Networker. If you plan to restore multiple backup images in parallel, you must have disk space equal to the largest backup image * the number of parallel restores. For example, 30 GB *5 = 150 GB. For additional prerequisites, contact Commvault support.
- Import the ThirdPartyMigration app from Commvault Store. For more information, see Importing an App.
- Access the ThirdParty Migration app. For instructions to run the app, see Running an App.
- In the Server Configuration tab, click Add Server.
The Select Backup Product window appears.
- In the Select Product box, select Networker, and then click Next.
The Enter Migration Settings window appears.
- Provide the following inputs, and then click Next.
- Networker Server - Name of Networker master server.
- Networker Command Host - The name of the server where you run the Networker Commands (Networker Backup Server). Make sure that you have Commvault File System Agent installed on this server and able to run the
- Installation Path on Command Host- The path where you installed the Networker software on the Command Host. For example, C:\Program Files\EMC Networker\nsr.
- Staging Client - Name of the staging client that you configured on the ObjectStore client. The staging client must be the Networker client or Networker server where you can restore the backed up data for migration to the ObjectStore.
- Staging Client Host User - The admin user account for the staging client.
- Staging Client Host Password - Password for the admin user account.
- Max Parallel Jobs - Select the maximum number of backup jobs that you can run in parallel.
- Collect Networker Server Details - Select if you want the report to collect the Networker server details.
- In the Select Migration ObjectStore box, select the name of the ObjectStore client, and then click Finish.
The Networker backup server is listed under Backup Server Configuration.
- Click Load Jobs for the Networker backup server.
- In the From and To boxes, enter the start and end time range of the backup jobs that you want to view, and then click Next.
- In the Select client box, select one or more Networker clients for which you want to load the backup jobs, and then click OK.
- Click the Job Details tab.
You can view a list of backup jobs for the selected clients and date range.
- To change the client , in the Select Client box, select a different Networker client, and then click Apply.
- To start migration select the backup jobs, and then click Start Migration.
The status column for the selected backup jobs, will display the status as In Progress. You can also view the migration progress for the backup jobs in the Migration Queue tab.
- Optional:To stop the running migration operation, in the Migration Queue tab, click Stop.
Based on the backup schedules defined for the ObjectStore client, files are uploaded to the ObjectStore automatically. After upload, the files are removed from the staging location.
What to Do Next
The ObjectStore user can now access and manage the files from the Web Console.
Last modified: 2/18/2021 9:17:09 PM