Migrating DPM Data to ObjectStore
Using the ThirdParty Migration app, you can migrate any backup jobs that can be restored as files from a System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) client to the ObjectStore. The app restores the DPM backup jobs to the staging client, and initiates the backup schedules for migration to ObjectStore.
Before You Begin
- Configure the ObjectStore for Migration.
Note the staging path that you configured on the ObjectStore client. The staging client must be a computer which has DPM and Commvault Filesystem Agent installed.
- Import the ThirdPartyMigration app from Commvault Store. For more information, see Importing an App.
For additional prerequisites, contact Commvault support.
- Access the ThirdParty Migration app. For instructions to run the app, see Running an App.
- In the Server Configuration tab, click Add Server.
The Select Backup Product window appears.
- In the Select Product box, select DPM, and then click Next.
The Enter Migration Settings window appears.
- Provide the following inputs, and then click Next.
- DPM Server - Name of DPM backup server.
- DPM Command Server - The name of the server where you run the DPM Commands (DPM Backup Server). Verify that you have the Commvault File System Agent installed on this server.
- Staging Client - Name of the staging client that you configured on the ObjectStore client. The staging client must be the DPM client or the DPM server where you can restore the backed up data for migration to ObjectStore.
- Staging Client Host User - The admin user account to access the staging client.
- Staging Client Host Password - Password for the admin user account.
- Install Path on Staging Client - The path where you installed the DPM software. For example, C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\DPM
- Max Parallel Jobs - Select the maximum number of backup jobs that you can run in parallel.
- Collect DPM Server Details - Select if you want the report to collect the DPM server details.
- In the Select Migration ObjectStore box, select the name of the ObjectStore client, and then click Finish.
The DPM backup server is listed under Backup Server Configuration.
- Click Load Jobs for the DPM backup server.
- In the From and To boxes, enter the start and end time range of the backup jobs that you want to view, and then click Next.
- In the Select client box, select one or more DPM clients for which you want to load the backup jobs, and then click OK.
- Click the Job Details tab for the DPM backup server.
You can view a list of backup jobs for the selected clients and date range.
- To change the client , in the Select Client box, select a different DPM client, and then click Apply.
- To start migration, select the backup jobs, and then click Start Migration.
The status column for the selected backup jobs, will display the status as In Progress. You can also view the migration progress for the backup jobs in the Migration Queue tab.
- Optional:To stop the running migration operation, in the Migration Queue tab, click Stop.
Based on the backup schedules defined for the ObjectStore client, files are uploaded to the ObjectStore automatically. After upload, the files are removed from the staging location.
What to Do Next
The ObjectStore user can now access and manage the files from the Web Console.
Last modified: 2/18/2021 9:06:39 PM