Validating Restores for the File System Agent
You can validate backup data to avoid data loss problems and errors. You can verify whether backup data in the MediaAgent computer is intact and usable for restore operations.
Note: We recommend that you upgrade the source computer and the destination computer to the latest service pack version.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > File System > backup set.
- In the right pane, right-click a subclient, and click Browse and Restore.
- In the Browse and Restore Options dialog box, click View Content.
- Select the data that you want to restore, and click Recover All Selected.
The Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, choose whether you want to run the restore job immediately or schedule it.
For more information about general restore options, see Restore/Recover Options (General).
- On the Restore Option Job Initiation tab, choose how you want to initiate the restore jobs.
For more information about job initiation options, see Restore Options (Job Initiation).
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Restore Options dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, select the Validate Only check box.
For more information about the Advanced Options, see Advanced Restore Options.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/22/2018 4:30:54 PM