Configuring a Subclient for the InterSystems Caché Database Full Instance
When you install the file system agent, the software automatically creates a default backup set.
To group a set of selected data that you need to backup, you can create user-defined backup sets. Under the user-defined backup set, create a subclient and define the content using the Caché moniker format. Do not specify any other UNIX file system paths additionally in this subclient content, or in any other subclient content in this backup set.
When you define the subclient content using the moniker, the entire Caché instance will be backed up. This includes the installation files, all databases, the journals, and the Write Image Journal. The Commvault software will query the Caché database for the locations of these files.
If you used the moniker as content, after a backup copy operation has completed, the browse operation will show a logical view of the InterSystems Caché instance. The logical view provides a better user experience to view the backed up content.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > File System > backup_set.
- Right-click the backup set that contains the full instance, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, type a name.
- On the Content tab, click Add Paths, and then type the moniker format for InterSystems Caché databases and click Add.
- Enter the moniker %CACHEDB% to back up all instances on the client, including the installation directory, journals, and all databases.
- Enter the moniker %CACHEDB/<INSTANCENAME>% to back up a specific instance on the client, including the installation directory, journals, and all databases.
- On the Storage Device tab, select a storage policy from the Storage Policy list.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, configure the IntelliSnap properties:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the engine.
Note: Select the clone version of the array (for example, Dell EMC VNX / CLARiiON Dell EMC VNX / CLARiiON SnapView Clone).
For a complete list of supported arrays, see IntelliSnap Support.
- From the Use Proxy list, select the MediaAgent that performs backup copy operation.
Note: The proxy server operating system must be the same or a higher version than the client.
- To use a different proxy computer than the MediaAgent for the backup copy operation, select the Use Separate Proxy for Backup copy check box, and then select the server from the Proxy list.
- To use the source computer when the proxy computer is unreachable, select the Use source if proxy is unreachable check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 1/30/2020 10:03:12 AM