Offline Replication of Snapshots for the HPE Nimble Storage Array
The Offline Replication of Snapshots for the HPE Nimble Storage array, also called the HPE Nimble Storage snapshot replication feature, creates a replica copy of the primary snapshot of the local array on a remote array.
When you run a snapshot backup operation, the snapshot is created on the local array and replicated to the remote array.
- Primary copy and replica copy can have separate retention policies.
- The HPE Nimble Storage snapshot replication feature uses a subnet that you define when you add the remote replication array.
- You can use the snapshots of the replica copy for backup copy and for the restore operation.
- There is no support for the revert operation on the replica copy.
- If the snapshot backup operation fails or gets killed after the creation of the snapshot, this might result in orphan snapshots on the remote array, which you need to manually delete.
- Multiple remote arrays are not supported from the same subclient.
The terms remote array and replication partner have the same meaning.
Last modified: 1/22/2019 7:02:12 PM